Sunday, January 25, 2009

S&S Update: Been working on the Cruising/Emergency Equip. Section

I have been working pretty diligently on my website and I have added about five pages in the past couple of days. I probably spent about 6hrs total, it's sort of hard to believe that it would take that long, but writing the content is a bit difficult.

After reading the book Adrift, I was motivated to learn more about ocean survival and and survival equipment. I enjoyed writing researching the different things like The Ditch Bag and the many things that you should have in it. I read in depth about the differences in EPIRB's and which ones are best for certain types of cruising.

I think I have come to the conclusion that I would rather use my sailing dinghy as a life raft over an inflatable. I read different opinions about the subject and I plan on added them to the section as well.

When I was searching for information on First Aid, I read stories about where people have been seriously injured while on a short passage and were unable to get medical attention for some time. This made me more aware of the danger that sailing offshore puts the captain and crew in. I think I will be purchasing one of the books I have listed on the First Aid page. I would also like to take a first aid course somewhere locally to learn the basics of first aid.

I am not exactly sure what I am going to working on next, I need to work on the Sailboat Buyer's Guide more so that is probably what I will be doing over the course of the next few days.

No comments: