Saturday, January 30, 2010

What have I been up to?

It has been quite a long time since I posted in my Sailing and Such blog. Not sure why, but I think this happens fairly often to a pretty large ammount of people.

In short, my computer crashed due to some adware and I haven't been able to remove it yet. Also, the website Sailing and Such has crashed due to the web host has some major problems and everyone's website under them also crashed. So, I do not have access to the files that are on my "crashed" computer to upload the site to the web.

My South Coast 22 project sailboat isn't coming along very fast due to lack of funds to puchase the needed epoxy and paint needed to finish the boat, as well as a few other things.

The PK 7'8 dinghy is currently undergoing a paint job and a varnish job, I am paint the inside of the boat white and the outer hull a baby blue color. The seat tops and the rubrail as well as a few other trim pieces are being varnished to leave the nice woodgrain look.

The Watkins 29 is still up for sale and the asking price has dropped considerably. I really hope that it sells this spring so that I can get the $300 a month slip rent out of the way as well as the MANY other expensive maintenance cost that come with owning a larger sailboat.

There are other thoughts in the works also that I will share in other posts soon to come.

No comments: